<< Back to all Blogs
Login or Create your own free blog
Home > Finished Moving, Back from trip

Finished Moving, Back from trip

June 3rd, 2005 at 05:14 pm

Hi! It's been awhile since I last updated here. The rest of the packing and moving went well and was fairly stress free, as much as packing and moving can be stress free! Smile I got a mani/pedi and highlights - Wink

Last Friday of course was moving day. Everyone showed up by about 9:30 and I was all moved out and on the road by 11 a.m.! Then I was all moved in, and got pizza for everyone by 2:00. Smile Most of the rest of the afternoon was spent settling the big pieces of furniture, and settling my room, while Scott mostly laid on my bed.

Oh yeah. That brings up another part of my weekend. Scott. Suffice it to say that I was glad he came, I enjoyed having him here, he was a big help with the actual moving part of things, but ..... he didn't come here with any more intentions than just wanting to be with a friend. Yes, I was dissapointed, and frankly, more than a bit embarrased, but still glad that I found out what it was all about. I did tell him though that I couldn't do another weekend like this one, and he understood. I'm not totally sure where this leaves us. A part of me would like to just completely cut off contact with him, but at least till the end of next week, there may be a reason for me to stay in contact with him, so until then, I'm going to put off my final decision.

My trip to Fredricksburg was good. The b&b I stayed in was very charming - I spent hours on the front porch swing watching the people go by and reading. The first night I was there, there was a very huge storm with LOTS of lightning and thunder. Some of the lightning got so close I could actually hear it sizzle! I hiked to the top of Enchanted Rock. It's a *steep* 8/10 of a mile climb, and boy howdy, did I ever find out how out of shape I was! When I got up to the top, I found this little secluded spot, with a couple of stunted trees and a lot of cacti. I sat right under the trees for nearly two hours just talking to God, singing praises, and quietly listening. I don't know if I imagined it or not, but I *think* I heard him speak to me - just something simple "I am with you my child" Later, on the way back down, I got myself off the correct path and was getting more than a little nervous. I asked God to help me find my way back to the correct path, and somehow I managed to find it. I really felt his hand guiding me that whole time on the way to the park, on the Enchanted Rock, and as I was going back to town. It really was an amazing experience. Really, the best part of my whole trip.

The rest of the time I checked out some of the shops. I *love* antiques, although all of the antiques in their shops were WAY out of my price range, they still were cool to look at and dream about. I did end up buying two things - 1) My first piece of jewlery that I bought for myself - an ankle bracelet with a small blue heart. One bf I had gave me a number of pieces of jewlery, but since I don't really wear it that much (especially with teaching in the schools I've been at) I never bought any for myself. I guess this was just one more step towards breaking away from what has been. 2) I bought a set of kitty kat coasters - to put drinks on my coffe table (from a garage sale, but still, no reason not to keep it looking nice). My whole trip - food, gas, do dads, and lodging, were MORE than paid for by my Ebay sales! Ya-hoo!

Mom and Dave brought Monkey over tonight. At first he was hardly even acknowledging me, but then he got to where he wouldn't let me out of his sight. Right now he's laying down in front of my computer monitor resting his head on my leg (yeah, I've got my legs up on my desk) Smile .

I've been without internet since last Thursday night, which has been hard in some ways. But today when I got back from my trip, the DSL service had been turned on at my new place. YAY! I haven't been keeping up with tracking expenses very well lately, but now that I have my net back, I will be tracking much more faithfully again.

Tomorrow the cable guy is coming. We're going to get Digital Cable with DVR capabilities. I know, I know, we should be spending as little as possible. But dad and I agreed that since we got such a deal on the apartment, that we could splurge a little on tv. I haven't had cable for nearly three years, and dad's pretty much been without it for a year or so, so I know we both could do without it if we really had to tighten our belts. I am SO looking forward to the DVR!

Ok, this is getting a bit long, so I probably ought to sign off.

I'm gonna have to catch up on some of y'all's journals. Smile

Keeping It Frugal in Texas,

0 Responses to “Finished Moving, Back from trip”

Leave a Reply

(Note: If you were logged in, we could automatically fill in these fields for you.)
Will not be published.

* Please spell out the number 4.  [ Why? ]

vB Code: You can use these tags: [b] [i] [u] [url] [email]